Vinehealth Australia undertakes important and exciting projects. The outcomes of these projects have some the following major benefits:
- Protection of our vines from various risks including those associated with tourism.
- Heightened communication of biosecurity messaging by tourism staff to tourists.
- The evolution of Vinehealth Australia’s current vineyard register to a Digital Biosecurity Platform to improve value for growers and responsiveness to prepare for, prevent and respond to a pest incursion.
- Improvement in understanding where phylloxera is and is not – supporting identification and verification of Area Freedom status.
- Development and endorsement of an additional primary surveillance method for phylloxera that is accurate, sensitive and cost-effective, utilising the latest scientific detection methods.
- Improved understanding of rootstock performance to assist growers in choosing rootstocks.
- Enhanced industry understanding of the potential that new technology may play in a grower’s farm-gate hygiene toolkit in the protection of vineyards from pests, diseases and weeds.
We acknowledge the support of regional grower groups and many individual growers who continue to support and play a key role in these projects.