As at 2 August 2023, PIRSA reclassified the Mornington Peninsula as a Phylloxera Exclusion Zone (PEZ) under the South Australian Plant Quarantine Standard. Accordingly, the above Phylloxera Management Zones map reflects this region’s change from a Phylloxera Risk Zone (PRZ) to a PEZ.
In May 2023, Agriculture Victoria confirmed a new detection of phylloxera in a Yarra Valley vineyard located inside the Phylloxera Interim Buffer Zone (PIBZ) established in response to the phylloxera detection advised in April 2023. Gazettal of the updated Maroondah Phylloxera Infested Zone (PIZ) boundary is pending by Agriculture Victoria. In the meantime, the proposed extension to the Maroondah PIZ boundary is recognised as a PIBZ for entry requirements into South Australia.
Click here for a map of Phylloxera Management Zones for South Australia’s Plant Quarantine Standard including the current PIBZ area.
Click here for Agriculture Victoria’s map of the current Maroondah PIZ with the proposed boundary extension.
- Phylloxera Infested Zone (PIZ) is known to have phylloxera
- Phylloxera Interim Buffer Zone (PIBZ) means a zone of 5 km radius around a new detection of phylloxera in Australia, as officially notified by the Chief Plant Health Manager of the jurisdiction in which the detection has been made, as an interim measure pending declaration of a new or amended PIZ in that jurisdiction. At present this is a South Australian management zone only.
- Phylloxera Risk Zone (PRZ) phylloxera status unknown (but never detected)
- Phylloxera Exclusion Zone (PEZ) known to be free from phylloxera
Detailed maps of gazetted Phylloxera Infested Zones (PIZ)
New South Wales
- North East
- Maroondah (pre Apr 2023) and Ag Vic proposed boundary change to Maroondah PIZ May 2023