Project name: Digital Biosecurity Platform
Project collaborators: Vinehealth Australia
Project objectives: To develop a new biosecurity IT platform to replace the existing Vineyard Register, to improve the organisation’s ability to protect vineyards from pests and diseases.
Project timeline: 2017-2021
Vinehealth Australia is building a major new biosecurity IT platform to replace the existing Vineyard Register, to improve the organisation’s ability to protect vineyards from pests and diseases.
“The current vineyard register is essential, but through innovation it could better support all parts of biosecurity management, particularly planning, response management and surveillance,” says Vinehealth Australia CEO Inca Pearce.
“This new platform has the potential to put the wine industry in a position that will be envied by other agriculture commodities in terms of biosecurity management.”
With the support of PIRSA, Vinehealth completed the consultation and value proposition phases in early 2000. A technology provider was appointed in late 2000.
- Barossa & Light Herald Vineyard biosecurity goes digital 12 April 2019
- 5CS Radio New biosecurity measures for wine regions 11 April 2019
- Stock Journal Funding to boost vineyard biosecurity 10 Apr 2019
- Daily Wine News Nation-leading project to boost SA vineyard biosecurity 10 April 2019
- Mirage News Nation-leading project to boost SA vineyard biosecurity 9 April 2019