Any unusual plant pest or disease should be reported immediately to the relevant state or territory agriculture agency through the Exotic Plant Pest Hotline (1800 084 881).
Early reporting increases the chance of effective control and eradication.
How does it work?
Calls to the Exotic Plant Pest Hotline will connect to an automated system that allows you to choose the state or territory that the call relates to. Calls will then be answered by an experienced person in your state.
What questions will you be asked when first reporting a pest, disease or weed to the Exotic Plant Pest Hotline?
- What have you found?
- Can you see any damage or impact?
- Can you send a photo to help with identification?
- Where do you think it may have come from?
- Have you imported any goods (including mail) from overseas or interstate lately?
- Have you hosted any visitors from overseas or interstate lately?
You will then be advised on how to contain or reduce the spread of the issue until it is formally identified.
Every report will be taken seriously, checked out and treated confidentially.
We also encourage you to phone us on (08) 8273 0550 to discuss any vine health related issues.
Think you’ve found fruit fly?
In South Australia, the Fruit Fly Hotline (1300 666 010) is manned 24 hours a day for receiving reports of maggots in fruit, vegetables or other plants.