The new consolidated phylloxera condition (Condition 7) in South Australia’s Plant Quarantine Standard (PQS) Version 17.0 is now live and we remind industry to be aware of the updated movement conditions and be ready to comply.
Key changes as a result of a Vinehealth Australia-led review can be found here and include the following:
- Steam as a sterilisation treatment method for all machinery or equipment being imported into SA is now prohibited;
- The entry of used netting, trellis posts, vine guards, dripper tube, wire and clips into SA is now prohibited;
- The entry of winegrapes grown in a Phylloxera Risk Zone (PRZ) into SA is now prohibited;
- Alignment of entry requirements for equipment from a PRZ with tougher standards applicable for equipment from a Phylloxera Infested Zone (PIZ) and Phylloxera Interim Buffer Zone (PIBZ);
- Alignment of entry requirements for grape marc, with that of winegrapes.
You can access a copy of the now current Version 17 of SA’s PQS on the Biosecurity SA website here.