Vinehealth Australia in conjunction with Wynns Coonawarra Estate and Coonawarra Vignerons is hosting a free face-to-face field day on rootstocks for the wine industry, with a first-time focus on looking below the soil surface.
Attendance will help you understand the importance of applying variable management strategies to rootstocks to achieve yield and quality outcomes, based on a rootstock’s inherent genetics and ability to access and use soil water.
Join us for a guided vineyard walk to observe a series of soil pits and learn more about choosing and managing different rootstocks.
For a full agenda, refer here.
This project is supported by the Limestone Coast Landscape Board’s Grassroots Grants program and is funded by regional landscape and water levies.
Date: Tuesday 5 April 2022
Location: Coonawarra Hall, Memorial Drive, Coonawarra SA 5263
Time: 8am to 4pm ACDT including coffee and muffins on arrival for a 9am start
Please confirm your attendance by 1pm Friday 25 March 2022 online here: https://events.humanitix.com/coonawarra-rootstock-trial-field-day. Due to COVID restrictions, numbers are limited and registration is essential.
Lunch provided. Please advise of any dietary requirements at time of booking.
- Wear appropriate footwear for vineyard use.
- Ensure clothing and footwear are clean of soil and plant material upon arrival.
- Do not wear footwear or clothing (including hats) that has been worn in a vineyard in a Phylloxera Infested Zone or Phylloxera Risk Zone in the previous 29 days.
- Attendees will be transported to the trial site from the Coonawarra Hall via bus. No unauthorised vehicles are permitted at the trial site.
- Wear shoe covers provided on the day when in the vineyard.
This event will be run in accordance with COVID-19 requirements current at the scheduled event time, regarding venue capacity, mask wearing and QR Code check-ins.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
Contact Suzanne McLoughlin on 0412 859 882 or firstname.lastname@example.org.