A new training program for cellar door staff in South Australia
A simple wine tourism biosecurity training program for cellar door and tourism staff in wine regions around South Australia.
Created and delivered by Vinehealth Australia, co-funded by Primary Industries and Regions South Australia (PIRSA) and supported by the South Australian Wine Industry Association (SAWIA).
When and where
Training will be delivered in early 2018. In partnership with Vinehealth Australia, regional associations will be encouraged to continue training cellar door and tourism staff to create a wine tourism biosecurity legacy in regions.
Individual site training will occur at cellar doors with high tourist visitation numbers and group training sessions will be set up for small to medium cellar doors.
Time commitment for staff to attend sessions
- One hour for individual site training sessions.
- One and a half hours for group training sessions.
- What are the key biosecurity risks for cellar doors?
- What should cellar door and tourism staff say to tourists about biosecurity?
- What simple biosecurity initiatives can cellar doors implement to reduce the risks?
- What tools can Vinehealth Australia offer to support cellar doors?
- Time allocated for questions and discussion.
Please register your interest in the Wine Tourism Biosecurity Program with Vinehealth Australia at email@example.com or on (08) 8273 0550.